Star rating from the Hotelstars Union
It is important to us that you as a guest know what to expect when you book a 3 or 4-star hotel with Arp-Hansen Hotel Group. Therefore, we have joined the HOTELSTARS UNION classification in the hope of increasing transparency for guests travelling across national borders.
The European hotel classification will lead to a greater international consistency in the allocation of stars awarded to each hotel.
Hotel stars within Arp-Hansen Hotel Group
Here is our star rating with Hotelstars Union:
- Phoenix Copenhagen is one of Copenhagen’s most extravagant 4-star hotels. The beautiful and classy hotel in Bredgade has undergone thorough renovation with great emphasis on cherishing the elegant style of which the hotel is known for, while giving the rooms a more modern expression.
- 71 Nyhavn Hotel is a unique and luxurious hotel. The charming and atmospheric warehouse is located on the corner of Nyhavn and the waterfront, and it has undergone a thorough renovation, which shines through.
- Imperial Hotel has 4 hotel stars and is a quality hotel with style, atmosphere and a central location.
- The Square is a 4-star Garni hotel. Our elegant and modern design gem is located in the middle of the City Hall Square.
- Tivoli Hotel & Congress Center is an enchanting 4-star Superior hotel with a design inspired by the infamous Tivoli Gardens located just a few steps away from the hotel.
- Copenhagen Island is a 4-star design hotel with a stylish interior, location at the waterfront and architecture by Kim Utzon, which offers great facilities and remains one of the city's favourite hotels.
- Copenhagen Strand is a 4-star Garni hotel at Copenhagen’s new waterfront promenade. The waterfront hotel has received a stellar makeover and offers handpicked interior with emphasis on discreet luxury, a stylish touch and extra comfort – besides a spectacular view.
- Gentofte Hotel is a 3-star hotel and known for its cosy atmosphere, good food, scenic location in the centre of Gentofte and comfortable modern rooms.
- Wakeup Copenhagen hotels – Carsten Niebuhrs Gade, Borgergade and M.P. Bruuns Gade – are 2-star Garni Superior hotels in Copenhagen and Aarhus. A nice match for the beautiful budget hotels offering cool and modern rooms, interior with designer furniture and a location at some of the best and most central addresses in the two cities.
Star rating and definition
Garni: A “hotel Garni” is a hotel with breakfast only. A “hotel Garni” cannot obtain 5 stars.
Superior: The accreditation “Superior“ indicates excellent hotels having acquired considerable points beyond the threshold points of their category, but which do not comply with the minimum criteria of the next higher category. Such hotels usually offer a high degree of service. “Superior” is accessible to all hotels – also “Garni”.
There are many things that influence the allocation of hotel stars. On this page you will find some of the main points of each star category. See if necessary the entire list at Hotelstars Union's own website.
1 hotel star:
- All rooms have shower/WC or bath tub/WC
- Daily room cleaning
- TV and remote control
- Table and chair
- Bath towels
- Reception service
2 hotel stars:
- Breakfast buffet
- Reading light next to the bed
- Internet access in the room or in the public area
- Payment via card
- Linen shelves
- Offer of sanitary products (e.g. toothbrush, toothpaste)
3 hotel stars:
- 14-hour staffed reception
- 24-hour telephone reception service
- Bilingual staff
- Lounge suite at the reception and luggage service on demand
- Beverage offer in the room
- Telephone in the room
- hair-dryer and cleansing tissues
- Dressing mirror and adequate place or rack to put the luggage/suitcase
- Sewing kit, shoe polish utensils and laundry and ironing service
- Additional pillow and blanket on demand
4 hotel stars:
- 16-hour staffed reception
- 24-hour telephone reception service
- Lobby with seats and beverage service and a hotel bar
- Minibar or 16-hour room service
- Upholstered chair/couch with side table
- Bathrobe and slippers on demand
- Cosmetic products (e.g. shower cap and a nail file), vanity mirror etc.
5 hotel stars:
- 24-hour staffed reception
- Multilingual staff
- Valet parking service
- Spacious reception hall with several seats and beverage service
- Personalized greeting for each guest (with flowers or a present in the room)
- Minibar and food/beverage offer via a 24-hour room service
- Personal care products
- Safe in the room
- Ironing service (within 1 hour) and shoe polish service
- Turndown service in the evening
This star classification is found via Hotelstars.eu