Star rating from the Hotelstars Union
It is important that you as a guest know what to expect when you book a 3 or 4-star hotel with Arp-Hansen Hotel Group. Denmark and Arp-Hansen Hotel Group have joined the HOTELSTARS UNION classification in the hope of increasing transparency for guests traveling across national borders.
The European hotel classification will lead to a greater consistency in the allocation of stars awarded to each hotel, across the border. Many European countries have already joined this star rating which we have great expectations for at Arp-Hansen Hotel Group.
Hotel stars in the spotlight
In preparation for the new star rating we have in 2015 adapted to a variety of services and products at each hotel to ensure better transparency and star recognition. Here is our new star rating with Hotelstars Union:
- Phoenix Copenhagen will retain its sparkling 4 stars. The beautiful and classy hotel in Bredgade is now confirmed in its position as a 4-star hotel after a great and luxurious renovation of the Executive rooms. The renovation took place in the first quarter of 2016, and here it was essential to cherish the elegant style of which the hotel is known for, but also to give the rooms a more modern expression.
- 71 Nyhavn Hotel will also be able to maintain its 4 stars. The charming and atmospheric house is located on the corner of Nyhavn and the waterfront where it is well assisted by a full refurbishment of the red warehouse. 71 Nyhavn will rise again in the autumn of 2016 as a unique and luxurious hotel.
- Imperial Hotel will also remain a 4-star hotel. It's a quality hotel with style and atmosphere and a central location. The hotel has over the past years continuously been renovated and expanded.
- The Square can in future be proud of being a 4-star Garni hotel. Our elegant and modern design gem in the middle of The City Hall Square, which fully meets the expectations of a 4-star hotel.
- Tivoli Hotel & Congress Center is with the new classification a 4-star Superior hotel.
- Copenhagen Island will in future be a 4-star hotel. The waterfront hotel with stylish design and architecture by Kim Utzon offers great facilities and remains one of the city's favorite hotels.
- Copenhagen Strand will receive a new title: 4-star Garni, The hotel, known for maritime charm, nestled quietly yet near Nyhavn, Kgs. Nytorv, a new waterfront promenade and with a spectacular view.
- Gentofte Hotel remains a 3-star hotel. Gentofte's “own” hotel, known for its cozy atmosphere, good food and comfortable modern rooms.
- Wakeup Copenhagen hotels – Carsten Niebuhrs Gade, Borgergade and Bruunsgade – will all become 2-star Garni Superior hotels. A nice match for the beautiful budget hotels that are decorated with designer furniture, cool and modern rooms and is situated on some of the best and most central locations.
Star rating and definition
Garni: A “hotel Garni” is a hotel with breakfast only. A “hotel Garni” cannot obtain 5 stars.
Superior: The accreditation “Superior“ indicates excellent hotels having acquired considerable points beyond the threshold points of their category, but which do not comply with the minimum criteria of the next higher category. Such hotels usually offer a high degree of service. “Superior” is accessible to all hotels – also “Garni”.
There are many things that influence the allocation of hotel stars. On this page you will find some of the main points of each star category. See if necessary the entire list at Hotelstars Union's own website.
1 hotel star:
- All rooms have shower/WC or bath tub/WC
- Daily room cleaning
- TV and remote control
- Table and chair
- Bath towels
- Reception service
2 hotel stars:
- Breakfast buffet
- Reading light next to the bed
- Internet access in the room or in the public area
- Payment via card
- Linen shelves
- Offer of sanitary products (e.g. toothbrush, toothpaste)
3 hotel stars:
- 14-hour staffed reception
- 24-hour telephone reception service
- Bilingual staff
- Lounge suite at the reception and luggage service on demand
- Beverage offer in the room
- Telephone in the room
- hair-dryer and cleansing tissues
- Dressing mirror and adequate place or rack to put the luggage/suitcase
- Sewing kit, shoe polish utensils and laundry and ironing service
- Additional pillow and blanket on demand
4 hotel stars:
- 16-hour staffed reception
- 24-hour telephone reception service
- Lobby with seats and beverage service and a hotel bar
- Minibar or 16-hour room service
- Upholstered chair/couch with side table
- Bathrobe and slippers on demand
- Cosmetic products (e.g. shower cap and a nail file), vanity mirror etc.
5 hotel stars:
- 24-hour staffed reception
- Multilingual staff
- Valet parking service
- Spacious reception hall with several seats and beverage service
- Personalized greeting for each guest (with flowers or a present in the room)
- Minibar and food/beverage offer via a 24-hour room service
- Personal care products
- Safe in the room
- Ironing service (within 1 hour) and shoe polish service
- Turndown service in the evening
This star classification is found via Hotelstars.eu